Developing a useful blog post involves a great deal of creativity. You can’t always force yourself to get creative and it seems near to impossible to do so if you’re on a time crunch. I’ve compiled a few ideas that might get your brain going when you’re stuck for ideas:
- Sift through magazines, TV headlines, and news articles. Search for trends in your particular industry. This can give you a plethora of ideas. What’s even better about using trends for inspiration is that they can generate even more views to your post.
- Make a list. People love lists! “Top 10 Reasons Why ,” “7 Things You Didn’t Know About_ _” or “15 Tricks For ” are great ways to start and easily grab attention.
- Keep Notes. Get ahead of yourself before you get in a creative block. Keep a notebook and jot down quotes, ideas, or topics that inspire you when they pop in your head. You’ll be able to refer back to it the next time you’re in a stump.
- Distance yourself. Step away from the project that’s making you stumped. Come back to it with a clear head.
- Find your niche. What interests you? What are you passionate about? This is one of the easiest topics you can write about. When you allow yourself to focus on one area, you allow yourself to become known for something. It also enables you to become better at it.
- Complete a previous idea. Don’t throw out an idea because you’re thinking too much into it. You might not be inspired by it at first, but it may be a great idea that you can work on in the future.
- Write from someone else’s perspective. Put yourself in another person’s shoes. What would this person write about? How would this person write about a particular topic? This is a great way to spark creativity and new ideas that you may not have thought of before.
Don’t let a block get the best of you.
For further reading, check out this blog post I found on finding your niche.
Here's some great other ways to get out of a creative block!
Blog Writing Ideas
24 Things To Do When Stuck For a Topic to Blog About